Operational Readiness for Healthcare Capital Development Projects
The Readiness Group Inc, is a management consulting firm that provides leadership in the delivery of operational readiness for healthcare capital projects.
Our expertise is within a specific knowledge area that assists hospitals to plan and implement the necessary tasks to prepare for renovations, relocations, transition and occupancy into their new building. The overarching goal of this type of transition planning is to ensure that people and programs are in an “operationally ready” state, as planned – on day one.
Our management consulting offerings include:
- Strategic Operational Readiness Plans created through the application of change management principles that enable organizations to support and participate in the change process brought upon by new building occupancy;
- Operational Readiness Plans development inspired by Lean Six-Sigma process improvement initiatives and application of a structured project management approach with schedules, risks, communication and quality controls;
- Physical Space and Program Planning to translate functional program plans to current organizational objectives and workflow requirements in a new space;
- Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment coordination to support operational strategies in new space;
- Move Management which is the planning and execution of move-day occupancy and transition plans, including phasing plans, ramp-down and ramp-up processes, and communications;
- Training and Orientation of staff to new environments and new operational systems;
- Asset Decommissioning and Surplus Management of furniture, clinical and non clinical equipment in legacy building; and,
- Post Occupancy Evaluation to verify that project objectives have been met but moreover to identify future refinements to ensure the sustainability of the expected activities and quality of care required of the new space.
Our firm is experienced in both the traditional construction projects procurement model and those that use an alternative financing procurement model (AFP). As a result, we are accustomed to the project management rigour expected to deliver a project that is on time, on budget, and ready for operational occupancy. We have a deep appreciation of having an operationally ready building that is safe, secure, and controlled for use as intended by the patients, staff, and community.
To learn more, please review some our recent Operational Readiness projects in the News Center.
Design & Construction Manager
Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts